How would you like to extend your network, respond to a global challenge working internationally with people you’ve never met before and submit a pitch for an innovative idea? Here’s your chance.
This May we will be running an international, online Hackathon with universities from 6 different countries. The Hackathon will give you the opportunity to join a virtual, international team, and work together to develop an idea for a product or service.
The challenge will focus on a topic of global interest: Cities of the Future.
Students from all disciplines, of all ages and all backgrounds are welcome!
Some great reasons to get involved:
- meet new people based in different countries and universities
- gain experience of working virtually in a team
- practice developing exciting solutions to real problems – the starting point of entrepreneurship
- put something different on your cv
- participation is free to Kingston students.
Nuts and bolts and timeline:
- The Hackathon is taking place in May.
- To participate, you will need to register with us by April 30th.
- Online materials and instructions will be available to everyone from 5 May.
- Preparatory materials and activities should take you approximately 2-3 hours over a 10 day period (5 – 18 May). These include short readings, videos, slide sets, a questionnaire and some shared tasks.
- The Hackathon is taking place over the weekend of 19 – 22 May. You will be able to participate from home, mobile, or at your university or office. Online mentors will be accessible, but you will work mostly with your team, by video link, messaging, or through noticeboards.
- Final pitches will be submitted on the 22nd May
- After the Hackathon weekend, we will ask you for feedback.