Each year we host a celebration of entrepreneurial talent, where we give out awards and prizes – we call it Celebrate Enterprise, and we’re not too modest to compare it to the Oscars.
Celebrate Enterprise is a big sha-bang – we typically invite a number of high-profile guests, and host a trade-fair to kick off the event! Find out about last year’s winners here, and we are pleased to announce…
Nominations are now OPEN for this year’s ceremony, so please take a look at the categories below – remember, you can nominate yourself!
The categories for staff nominations are as follows:
- Staff Enterprise Champion – This individual will have particularly helped to develop enterprise in their field or faculty. This might include supporting others’ enterprise activity, developing enterprise in-curriculum, or for instance creating opportunities for engagement with industry.
- Staff Social Entrepreneur of the Year – This individual will have particularly focused on developing or working with a social enterprise initiative, project, or organisation. This might include engaging students in social enterprise, creating or building an enterprise, or engaging staff in one or more initiatives.
- Staff Commercial Entrepreneur of the Year – This individual will have moved towards bringing a service or product to market, or won substantial contracts with commercial organisations, or created circumstances which enable these to be done.
The categories for student nominations are as follows:
- Student Enterprise Champion – This individual will have made a contribution to the promotion of student enterprise activities and enhanced the university’s reputation in this field.
- Most Entrepreneurial Student – The award will go to a student who has been actively involved in entrepreneurship at KU. As well as taking part in entrepreneurship events and activities, they will have run an enterprise project or be working towards doing so in the near future.
- Student Social Enterprise Award – The award will go to the student or recent graduate who has established an enterprise that addresses a social need. They will be the owner/manager of a viable established enterprise, or have communicated plans to launch a social enterprise project.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – The award will go to the student or recent graduate who has been most successful in establishing a new enterprise with the help and support of the university. They will be the owner/manager of a viable established social, commercial, or freelance enterprise, or leader of a project based organisation.